Monday, April 28, 2008

Sometimes you feel like a Nut (goddess of the firmament)...

Being an Arizona resident for almost 25 years, I have found myself taking an interest in AZ history.  I am sucker for desert landscapes and modern architecture.  While surfing Metafilter, I stumbled across a photo gallery of before/after shots from across the state, some pics dating back to the late 19th century.  If you're from Arizona, and you want to see your hometown before highway construction, you'll probably find it here.

Talk about surprise guests!  Willie Nelson recently held a concert in Amsterdam with special guest Snoop Dogg (donning tassled tan-suede jacket), and they performed a few songs together.  Nelson's "Superman" and Snoop's "My Medicine" (sound quality is bad, but it is funny to watch Nelson sway to thumping bass) are the names of their collaborative efforts.

Although a book would be more fitting, this website contains a decent amount of information  of the gods an goddesses of Ancient Egypt, and their respective roles in the theology.  Anyone who wants to know about the scandalous conception of Horus (Isis had to work with Osiris' severed penis...) or what NOT to do when Anpu weighs your heart against the feather of Maat should definitely check it out. 

Okay, I'm getting back to studying for finals....

No comments: