While I'm on the topic of guilty pleasures, I'll admit another one I'm slightly ashamed of. VH1's Rock of Love is a habit that keeps me in touch with the hallucination they call "reality television". Although I enjoy this program, it is proof of how weird it is to be infatuated with someone famous. I have seen this admiration in many forms. Some people I know were crying the day Heath Ledger died. Why is this? Are some of us THAT emotionally connected to a celebrity's well being? It would make sense. As an only child with a mother working graveyard shifts, it was sensible to spend my time (when not at school) watching television. When I was five, I had a cable box in my bedroom, and was soaking in 6-7 hours of T.V. a day. This kind of exposure to popular media has retained itself throughout my life, even when I have minimal exposure to television. I guess you could say I'm an addict.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
SHARE THE LOAD FRODO
There's nothing I love more than pitching a tent in a living room. Actually, it's a guilty pleasure of mine to face a television into the entrance of a tent and watch some Disney movie full blast. In my opinion, the Disney film has suffered in quality for the last ten years of so. I remember sometime after Hunchback of Notre Dame, they released Dinosaur in an attempt to keep up with the computer graphics industry (Pixar, Dreamworks, etc.), with minimal success. A return to traditional forms of animation would be optimal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE doing that!! Tents in the living room are awesome =D I was very sad when I went home for spring break because my dad had told me that he got rid of all my disney movies =[ Luckily I snagged my favorites and brought them up here with me. Now I just have to get them on dvd!
Sadly I'm hooked to that show too. It just makes me laugh that he's looking for a "wife" type of a woman in these tramps. Figures.
My friends and I got pretty intense on the living room fort front, it's nice that you still do it. Our most epic structure had ceilings and different rooms and we somehow managed to put the TV inside. Good times.
Post a Comment